User Stories Terms of Service
The "With Epocrates..." promotion asks Epocrates members to share their story about how using Epocrates has helped them do something extraordinary in practice.
Epocrates will display some of the submissions through marketing, social media, third party websites and our corporate web site: epocrates.com
Your submission must follow the below guidelines:
- It must meet the text limit requirements noted for each form question field.
- It must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, indecent, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the promotion.
- It must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- It must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the promotion.
- It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- It cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
By submitting, you grant Epocrates, its subsidiaries, agents and partner companies, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display your story in connection with any and all media, advertising and promotional use. You also grant Epocrates the right to display your name and potentially your image in tandem with the above license grant.
The submission of a story should not be construed as an offer of employment with Epocrates. You acknowledge that you have submitted your story voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Epocrates.
Additionally, you acknowledge that Epocrates may see a wide variety of submissions, including those that may be similar in nature or identical to your submission, or Epocrates may develop or create content which is similar in nature or identical to your submission, but not tied to or connected with your submission. Except where prohibited by law, you agree that Epocrates does not have liability in relation to any claim you might make should a similar, identical or parallel idea to your submission be used coincidentally by Epocrates.